1-Day Nikko World Heritage Tour (Toshogu Shrine, Kegon Falls & Lake Chuzenji) (No Lunch)
Visit Nikko and feel the Japans World Heritage site!
1. This bus tour takes customers efficiently and directly to Nikko's sightseeing spots which are difficult to visit on one's own using route buses. The National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter will lead participants on a tour of Nikko Toshogu Shrine, registeredas a World Heritage Site, while telling them about its rich history.
2. Visit Kegon Falls, counted among the greatest waterfalls in Japan. (Except some tour dates. *See Remarks.)
3. Visit Lake Chuzenji, a scenic lake with a circumference of about 25 km and a depth of 163 m, created about 20,000 years ago from an eruption of Mt. Nantai which blocked the valley. (Excluding some dates)
4. After finishing the shrine's large-scale repairs which took around 4 years and cost around JPY 1.2 billion (approx. USD 11 million), the national treasure Yomeimon Gate was opened to the public in 2017. Lay your eyes on the richly colored structures that have been restored to their former glory.
5. Travel back in time to the Edo Period (1603-1868)! There will be a stopover at the Hanyu Parking Area, which reproduces the Edostyle atmosphere. See the beautiful structures and famous long-established shops dating back to the Edo Period, and enjoy shopping for souvenirs. *See Remarks
6. Customers may opt to end the tour at Tobu Nikko Station.
7. About Initiatives for SDGs: This tour promotes Environment(Eco)-friendly efforts and Cross-cultural Understanding as stated under Sunrise Tours' Sustainable Development Goals. This is a carbon offset product where a portion of the tour booking charge is spent on renewable energy. By converting CO2 emissions during the tour to green energy, it's possible to contribute to activities protecting the planet's future. Please check the following page for details. http://jtbgmt.com/en/g-web/sdgs
*For The charge to take the Kegon Falls elevator is not included in the booking price. Admire the waterfall from the observation deck facing the falls free of charge.
*Depending on road conditions, the tour may stop at a different parking area (rest area) instead of the Hanyu Parking Area. In this case, please note that the different rest area will not be a representation of an Edo Period town.
8:30 Meet at Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo 3F JTB Sunrise Tours Sales Office (Shinjuku)
8:40 Departs from Shinjuku
- Take the bus to Nikko (160 min) -
〇Nikko Toshogu Shrine (90 min)
〇Enjoy lunch on your own (50 min)
〇Lake Chuzenji (10 min)
〇Kegon Falls (30 min)
[Remarks] The charge to take the Kegon Falls elevator is not included in the booking price. Admire the waterfall from the observation deck facing the falls free of charge
16:30-17:00 Tobu Nikko station *Tour ends for those who wish to end the tour here.
〇Hanyu Parking Area (20 min)
[Remarks] Depending on road conditions, the tour may stop at a different parking area (rest area) instead of the Hanyu Parking Area. In this case, please note that the different rest area will not be a representation of an Edo Period town.
- Take the bus to Shinjuku (80 min) -
19:00 - 19:30 Tour disbands at Shinjuku station West Exit area
- Please check from the calendar
- 660 minutes
Terms & Conditions
- ★14 to 4 days before the service date
- 3 days or less prior to travel date
・Tour voucher will be provided once the booking is confirmed. Please have the voucher with you on the tour day.
[Exemptions/Itinerary Guarantee: Itinerary/Destinations]
・Heavy traffic due to colored leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road from Oct. to early Nov. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period. In such cases, any of the following will be visited instead of Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji: Tamozawa Imperial Villa, Kirifuri Falls, Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, or Futarasan Shrine. The alternative plan outlined above may be used even outside of the designated period (Oct. - early Nov.) due to road conditions or other reasons.
・No refunds will be issued as a result of location changes.
・As the tour uses a bus for the entire itinerary, arrivals at each site may be delayed due to road conditions.
・Customers who are late for the departure time will have their reservations canceled. Please give yourself plenty of time.
・Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats. If a seat on the bus is required for the child, please make a booking at the child rate.
・Lunch is not included on this tour. Please prepare lunch in advance on your own. Cafes and restaurants near the rest area can be very crowded. Preparing this prior to departure is recommended.
・Depending on the number of tour participants, transportation to be used may be other than a large bus (mid-size bus, small bus, hired car, etc.).
・The tour will walk up and down steps and hilly paths at Nikko Toshogu Shrine and Kegon Falls. Be sure to wear shoes and clothing which are comfortable to walk in.
・Tour Included: Admission to Nikko Toshogu Shrine, Other admission fees and transportation costs, and National Government Licensed English Guide Interpreter
Planning Company: JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
Address: 2-3-14 Higashi Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agent (No. 1723)
A member of the Japan Association of Travel Agents
Pick up point access
08:30 JTB Sunrise Tours Sales Office on the 3rd Floor of Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo's Main Tower in Shinjuku
Please arrive by 8:30, the bus will depart at 8:40.
From Shinjuku Station (JR & subway lines) West Exit: 5 min on foot.
From Tochomae Station (Toei Oedo Line) Exit B1: 1 min on foot.
08:30 Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo 3F JTB Sunrise Tours Sales Office (Shinjuku)